IntroductionDo you want to enjoy delicious pancakes without having to leave the house? Look no further!
Making pancakes at home is easy and fast and the best part is that you don't need any fancy ingredients. All you need are simple and affordable ingredients that you can find in your pantry.
In this article, you will learn how to make fluffy and delicious pancakes in just a few simple steps. So, let's get started and learn how to make pancakes with simple ingredients!
IngredientsMaking pancakes at home requires a few basic ingredients, making them a great choice for a quick and easy meal. You'll need:
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 1/4 cups milk
* 2 large eggs
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Optional ingredients include a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a teaspoon of cinnamon, or 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or fruit.
Measuring ingredients accurately is essential to making good pancakes. Use a measuring cup or spoon to be sure ingredients are correctly measured.
You'll need a mixing bowl and whisk to mix the dry ingredients together and a mixing spoon or spatula to mix in the wet ingredients. A griddle or non-stick pan will be used to cook the pancakes.
Finally, for serving, you'll need your favorite topping such as butter, syrup, whipped cream, or jam.
With all the ingredients gathered, you're ready to start making pancakes!
Instructions1. Gather the ingredients: To make pancakes at home, you’ll need flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, butter, and sugar.
2. Combine the dry ingredients: Measure out the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir them together in a large bowl.
3. Beat the eggs: Crack two eggs into a separate bowl and use a whisk or electric beater to beat them until they are light and frothy.
4. Make the batter: Combine the dry ingredients with the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Stir until the batter is just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Heat the skillet: Place a large skillet over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
6. Pour the batter: Once the skillet is hot, use a ladle or measuring cup to pour the batter into the skillet.
7. Cook the pancakes: Let the pancakes cook for about two minutes, until the edges start to look golden brown. Flip the pancakes and cook for another one to two minutes.
8. Serve the pancakes: Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Mix the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Make sure all of the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the mix. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, if desired. Make sure to avoid overmixing, as this can impact the texture of the pancakes.
Mix the wet ingredientsIn a medium-sized bowl, whisk together 1 cup of milk, 1 large egg, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter. If you prefer to use an egg alternative, replace the egg with ¼ cup of applesauce, mashed banana, or a flax seed egg. Once the ingredients are combined, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Whisk the wet ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Slowly whisk in the milk, followed by the eggs and melted butter. Stir until the ingredients are just blended. Do not overmix; you should still see some lumps in the batter.
Cook the pancakes
Once the batter is made, it's time to make the pancakes. Heat a flat non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease with butter. Ladle about ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake and spread until it is an even thickness. Cook for about 2 – 3 minutes on each side, or until the pancakes are golden brown on each side and cooked through. Serve immediately with desired toppings. Enjoy!